October 1 2019 Posted by
Money-saving opportunities for the Fall
The Fall is our seasonal cue to get back to business! It’s the perfect time to check in on your finances to make sure you are taking advantage of opportunities or, if necessary, getting back on track. Here is what is important right now:
- Fixed rates have dropped throughout 2019 while variable mortgages have become overpriced. For some it makes sense to lock in their variable mortgage or switch their fixed mortgage to a lower rate. Get in touch if you’d like an analysis to see if you can benefit.
- Refinancing is still one of the best ways to get debt under control. If you’re holding too much high interest debt that is eating away at your cash flow, you may want to consolidate that debt into a low-interest mortgage if you have enough equity (min 20% equity required). You’ll save on interest costs, boost your cash flow with one lower monthly payment, and eliminate the stress of multiple debt payments.
- If your mortgage is coming up for renewal in the next 9 months, let’s make sure you are well positioned to get the best deal possible.
- If you are thinking about buying another home: moving up, downsizing, or picking up a second home, or rental property, good advice early can save you thousands.
- Everyone seems to know someone who is stressed over the stress test and having a difficult time qualifying! Please have them reach out for guidance on how they can best get over this hurdle.
If you have any questions at any time, please let me know. I hope you take some time to enjoy the fall season and thank you so much for your ongoing support.